- Old Entrance Cabins & Teepees B & B - Vacation rental lodging near Jasper Park, country cabin accommodations, teepee camping, ranch, trail riding, Alberta Rockies, Athabasca River, Hinton, Canada
pop (Added: 13-Nov-2005 Hits: 1595)
- Alberta Heritage Online - The Gateway to Alberta's Heritage! For travel information, for Alberta's History, for provincial and local heritage institutions... visit here!
(Added: 5-May-2000 Hits: 886)
- Dickson Store Museum - The Dickson Store Museum is a restored circa-1930's pioneer general store with displays of real artifacts which may have been offered for sale in the store, displayed in the post office, or used in the day-to-day life of the pioneer family. The museum is open for public tours from mid-May to Labor Day Weekend. Check out the website for further information.
(Added: 5-Nov-2009 Hits: 920)
- Father Lacombe Chapel - The smell of incense and the flicker of candlelight recreate the atmosphere of the St. Albert Oblate mission in the 1860s. Built by Father Albert Lacombe in 1861, the simple log chapel became the centre of the thriving Metis settlement of St. Albert.
(Added: 5-Sep-1999 Hits: 700)
- Frank Slide Interpretive Centre - At the Frank Slide Interpretive Centre, learn about the story of the catastrophic 1903 rockslide, the railway, underground coal mining, and community life. Watch the award-winning audio-visual presentation, "In the Mountain's Shadow" and view the slide from the outdoor trails. Visit nearby Leitch Collieries to enjoy the picturesque ruins of a powerhouse, mine manager's residence, coke ovens, washery and tipple.
(Added: 5-Sep-1999 Hits: 658)
- Great War Horse Memorial - A site dedicated to remembering the sacrifices of the 8 million horses and mules that were killed during the Great War. Information about the planned memorials in Calgary and Belgium, the archive project and some text resources are featured.
(Added: 7-Aug-2006 Hits: 515)
- Head Smashed In Buffalo Jump - The biggest, oldest and best-preserved buffalo jump in North America is the Head-Smashed-In (or estipah-skikikini-kots in Blackfoot) Buffalo Jump in the Porcupine Hills of southwestern Alberta.
(Added: 5-Sep-1999 Hits: 678)
- Historic Dunvegan - Discover Historic Dunvegan, the site of one of Alberta's earliest fur trade posts and missionary centres
(Added: 5-Sep-1999 Hits: 694)
- Leitch Collieries - Enjoy the picturesque ruins of a powerhouse, mine manager's residence, coke ovens, washery and tipple.
(Added: 5-Sep-1999 Hits: 674)